Apart from the forehead and the eyes, facial symmetry and contour are also significant characteristics which define a woman’s beauty. Symmetry and contour are greatly influenced by the shape of one’s jaw. Wide and prominent jaw angles are often seen as masculine features and considered attractive for women. Dr. C. Carson Huynh of the Atlanta Surgical Arts offers his surgical deftness to individuals who would like to reduce the appearance and size of their jaw through an Atlanta jaw angle reduction.
Male vs. Female Jaw
In comparison to the female jaw, the male jawbone tends to be wider due to the larger muscles attached to the jawbone corners. The square appearance in a male jawbone is a result of jaw lines running straight from the ear and later turning into a sharp angle into the chin. On the other hand, the female jawbone tends to have a gentle curve which runs from the earlobe down to the chin.
Feminizing the Jaw
A jaw angle reduction procedure by Dr. Huynh will help reduce the appearance of thick jaw muscles. However, Botox injections and hormone treatments may be employed to reduce jaw mass. The Botox injections are often employed to shrink the masseter (jaw muscles).
– A jaw angle reduction with Dr. Huynh is performed with general anesthesia. Local anesthesia may be used as a supplement to promote maximum comfort.
– Incisions are made inside the mouth thus scarring rarely occurs.
– The already marked prominent areas are cut and reshaped with a micro-saw and a surgical drill, curving down to the frontal portion of the jaw until they are well-contoured.
– If necessary, the masseter muscle is reduced to its inner aspect.
– The incisions are closed with self-dissolving stitches lasting for 7 to 10 days.
– External pressure dressings are applied into the head and are often removed on the first post-operative day.
Swelling is the most prominent sign following the procedure. It will most likely reach its peak for the first 2-3 days while it could completely dissipate within 2 weeks. It could take 4-6 weeks for the contours to be quite obvious.
For more information on jaw angle reduction, visit Dr. C. Carson Huynh at his Atlanta clinic in Glenridge today!