Microblading in Atlanta, GA
Atlanta Surgical Arts offers Microblading to individuals living throughout the Atlanta area, including residents of Sandy Springs, Buckhead, Dunwoody, Alpharetta, Roswell, Johns Creek, Lawrenceville, Suwanee, Marietta, and Brookhaven, GA.
WHAT IS MICROBLADING?
Microblading (also known as eyebrow embroidery or feathering) originated in Far East Asia. This method is the finest form of eyebrow tattooing, using a pen-like device with a disposable microblade attached to stroke very thin lines of pigment into the skin. These thin lines flow in the same direction as your own hairs, and create the most natural results. This method is different than the traditional tattoo done by machine. If you get keloid scarring, this treatment will NOT be suitable for you. Microblading is performed with a grouping or configuration of needles affixed to a handle to manually create lines that resemble eyebrow hairs. It is a cosmetic tattoo procedure of depositing a small amount of pigment in the outer layer of skin without reaching the dermis. The needle used in manual microblading is very fine, allowing crisp hair strokes that mimics your brow hairs. It lasts UP TO 1-3 years depending on your skin type.
WHAT IS OMBRE POWDER BROWS?
Ombre Powder Brows is a form of tattooing, but it is different from the traditional method. It is a more modern method because it is surface work meaning it is on the epidermis layer of the skin. The technique is described by it’s name – the results are more powdery and fluffy with a faded front and a crisp tail — and looks like you have makeup on! Because it does not penetrate deep into the dermis layer of the skin, the results will last UP TO 1-3 years depending on skin type and lifestyle. All results vary.
WHAT ARE COMBO BROWS?
This technique combines both microblading & powder brows. The microblading gives dimension and density while the shading part gives definition and saturation.
BROWS: WHICH PROCEDURE IS BEST FOR YOU?
The difference is that OMBRE POWDER BROWS is more of a solid color fill and MICROBLADING is mimicking hair strokes. The Semi-Permanent Artist will be happy to discuss what is best suited for you based on your natural brows.
$25 in-person consultation (apply towards treatment cost)
The consultation is done the same day as the procedure. However, if a client would like to discuss shaping/color prior to the procedure day or if you have a previous brow tattoo, there is a $25 consultation fee (will be applied towards booking if booked).
$500 – OMBRE POWDER BROWS
$500 – MICROBLADING
$600 – MICROBLADING + SHADING COMBO
BROWS: TOUCH-UPS (FOR EXISTING CLIENTS ONLY)
$75 – TOUCH-UP, 4-8 WEEKS
$100 – TOUCH-UP, 2-6 MONTHS
$150 – TOUCH-UP, 6-12 MONTHS
$250 – TOUCH-UP, 1-2 YEARS
*Please note that two sessions are HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to achieve the desired results. Some may require more than 2 sessions depending on skin type, aftercare, and lifestyle.
*After 2 years, it will be considered a new service
Allow 3 hours for your appointment. Shaping will take about 30 minutes, and the actual procedure will take between 1.5-2 hours. Absolutely no one is allowed in the treatment room when the procedure begins. Please plan accordingly.
STEP 1 – CONSULTATION
We go over all procedures to assess which one is best for you depending on your natural growth pattern and skin type.
STEP 2 – SHAPING
I measure and mark your face by using several different measuring tools to help achieve the best proportions and symmetry for your bone structure. With makeup, I draw in a general shape in accordance with the markings we have made. We may adjust the shape and thickness as many times as you’d like until we achieve the desired look.
STEP 3 – PROCEDURE
Once shape is approved, the procedure will begin. Numbing will be given to help ease any discomfort.
Results are extremely dependent on how one heals and will vary with each individual client. Successful results are not guaranteed and additional sessions, at a minimum charge, may be required to obtain desired outcomes. Although premium products are used, every client heals differently and many factors can lead to varied results. There are no guarantees of perfect proportions or symmetry as some bone structures and muscle movements do not call for it. Please read though entire FAQ section carefully to see if this procedure will be beneficial to you. All services provided are non-refundable/non-transferrable.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
DOES IT HURT?
Pain level is subjective to each individual. Topical numbing is given throughout the entire process to help ease any discomfort. On average, most people say it’s about a 3-5 (pain scale from 1-10) with topical numbing. People have also said the microblading hurts more than ombre powder brows – will vary with each individual. Extra Strength Tylenol can be taken before or after the procedure to help with any pain. Ice packs can be used as well.
WILL MICROBLADING WORK WELL FOR ME BASED ON MY SKIN TYPE/TONE?
Small pores/dry skin (comparable to a grape) – microblading will work well with this skin type.
Small pores/oily, dry, normal, or combination skin (comparable to an apple) – microblading will work well with these skin types.
Large pores/thick oily skin (comparable to an orange peel) – The skin texture and constant production of oil will cause the hair strokes to heal more blurred and diffused. This skin type can be worked on, however, you must be aware that your strokes will be more blurred and diffused versus crisp strokes. It is suggested to do ombre powder brows or combo brows.
Super-thin, soft, hypersensitive skin (comparable to a peeled hard boiled egg). This type of skin bleeds VERY easily, has a harder time healing, and develop scars and infections easily. **Microblading will NOT work well with this skin type and prefer not to work on this type of skin. It is suggested to do ombre powder brows.
Darker skin tone – This skin tone can definitely be worked on, however, you must be aware that strokes might not be as contrasted on darker skin tones. It is suggested to do ombre powder brows or combo brows.
CAN I TAKE AN ALLERGY TEST?
Yes, you can come in at least 1 week prior to your appointment to take an allergy test. Please note that since a small area is tested, it may not truly reveal if you will be allergic since some people develop allergies due to the quantity of a product(s).
WHAT IF I BLEED A LOT?
Pinpoint bleeding is expected during procedure, but please note that if you are a bleeder (no matter what skin type you are), bleeding skin will dilute the pigment and your healed strokes will not be as pronounced. What this means is that you might need more than 1 touch up to achieve the desired results. The technician will not be able to assess whether or not you are a bleeder until the procedure has started.
CAN WE COVER UP OR REMOVE AN OLD TATTOO DONE BY ANOTHER ARTIST?
Please email a picture of your previous tattoo and the technician will decide if she is able to go over it. On some occasions, she will have you come in for an in person consultation to determine if she is able to make adjustments and assess what your goals are. If the former tattoo is dark, extremely uneven or dramatic in shape, we may not be able to achieve your exact desired shape, symmetry, or color. If the technician agrees to move forward, multiple sessions might be required and no results are guaranteed.
IF I HAVE GOTTEN MY BROWS DONE ELSEWHERE, WILL I BE ABLE TO GET THE TOUCH-UP RATE?
Working on top on another artists’ work can be challenging and time consuming, therefore, all new clients are considered a new service.
CAN I GET IT WET OR WORK OUT?
It is highly recommended not to work out for at least 10 days. Getting them wet may cause premature lifting of your scabs and increase the chance of infections and loss of pigment. You must keep them dry to avoid complications and undesired results such as smudgy blurred lines, scar tissue, and uneven pigment.
DO I STILL HAVE TO WAX/TWEEZE/THREAD AFTERWARDS?
Yes, you will still have to remove hairs outside of the eyebrow shape and keep them groomed for optimal appearance.
DOES IT INHIBIT HAIR GROWTH?
No, microblading/ombre powder brows does not inhibit hair growth and you will have to keep it tamed and groomed as usual.
CAN I WASH MY FACE AND WEAR MAKEUP AFTER?
Not on the brows for at least 7-10 days, but everywhere else is fine. Chemicals found in makeup and cleansers may alter the color of the pigment and affect the healing process. Please only follow what is on the aftercare hand-out given to you.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE?
Allow 3 hours for your appointment. Please plan accordingly.
AFTER I DELIVER MY BABY OR BREASTFEED, HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL I CAN GET THE PROCEDURE?
It is suggested to wait at least 3 months after delivery of baby or nursing before you can get the procedure.
CAN I BRING SOMEONE TO MY APPOINTMENT?
They are more than welcome to give input during the consultation portion of the appointment, but absolutely no one is allowed in the room during the procedure.
DO I NEED A TOUCH-UP?
It usually takes at least 2 sessions for desired results. Additional touchups (at a minimum charge) may be necessary to achieve desired results as everyone heals differently and many factors can lead to varied results. The first appointment is about structure and design. The touchup is about seeing how the skin heals and retains pigment, as well as making any necessary adjustments to achieve better symmetry and volume. If you don’t feel the need for it, then it is not necessary.
HOW LONG WILL MY SEMI-PERMANENT MAKEUP LAST?
It should last UP TO 1-3 years depending on skin type, lifestyle, and aftercare. An annual color boost is recommended to refresh the tattoo. If the following applies to you, your tattoo will fade faster and might have to come back for a touch up sooner than expected (average 6-10 months).
- Oily skin
- Work out 5-7 days/week consistently (sweat, salt, oil production)
- Get chemical peels/facials/microdermabrasions/retinols (constant exfoliation)
- Out in the sun (have an outdoorsy lifestyle) and/or use of tanning booth
- Swim (exposure salt and chlorine)
- Iron deficiency (i.e Anemic)
- Frequent smoker
- Certain medications will also increase fading
WHAT IS YOUR STERILIZATION PROCESS?
All needles are single-use, come in a sterilized package and are disposed of after each client. Gloves and mask are worn at all times during the procedure and disposed after each client. Cavicide disinfectant are used in between every client.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
- Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined. Over the next 2 days it will appear even darker and thicker as scabs begin to form. It should take up to 10 days for scabbing to be over.
- Swelling and redness is minimal with most clients, and will disappear within 24-36 hours. In some cases, it may last around the eye area for up to 3 days, but will not prevent you from working or socializing. The treated area may feel a bit like sunburn afterwards, but there should be minimal discomfort.
- NO water, cleansers, creams, makeup or any other products on treated area for 10 days (except what is provided in the aftercare handout). Getting the area wet and chemicals of any kind may interfere with the healing and color of your tattoo.
- DO NOT apply make-up to the tattooed area until all peeling/flaking has exfoliated
- DO NOT pick or scratch at the scabs/dry skin/flakiness; let it fall off naturally. Picking can cause scarring and premature loss of pigment and hair and even an infection. IMPORTANT: Once the flakes have fallen off, a shiny layer of healing skin will completely cover the hair strokes. It may appear as though the tattooed area has completely disappeared. Within 1-2 weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear at a lighter shade as your skin regenerates.
- If you have bangs, you must clip them back for the first 7 days to avoid irritation and infection.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 3-4 weeks after procedure.
- Avoid heavy sweating for the first 10 days.
- NO facials, botox, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
- The complete healing process takes at least 4 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo will be evident. During this process, your tattoo will soften and lighten. Be patient, even if you think too much color has been lost, as your skin is still regenerating and naturally exfoliating. Wait at least 4 weeks to see the true color, as it seems to take on new strength, and it is only after 4 weeks that your touch-up/adjustment can be done. IMPORTANT: Please note that hair strokes will be much lighter and not as crisp after healed.
- Once the treated area is completely healed, any changes or additions that need to be made can be done at your follow-up appointment within 4-8 weeks. Remember, it usually takes at least 2 treatments to achieve desired results. The first appointment is about building hair strokes, structure, and design. Your touch-up is about seeing how the skin heals and retains pigment, as well as achieving better symmetry and volume.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT ONCE HEALED?
- Exposure to the sun over time can cause fading and discoloration of the pigment. Once completely healed, you may apply sunscreen on the treated area. Wear large sunglasses and a hat for further protection. Rinse and dry the area thoroughly when in contact with chlorine.
- Glycolic acid and face peel products must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten the pigment.
- If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Continue at your own discretion. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolor the tattooed area.
- If having an MRI in the future, you must let the technician know that you have been tattooed with iron oxide pigments.
IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT US AT 678-412-0311.
Dr. C. Carson Huynh is one of only a handful of surgeons in the country who holds dual-doctorate degrees in the practices of maxillofacial and facial aesthetic plastic surgery. Understanding that each patient has unique requirements and desires, Dr. Huynh uses his top-tier skills and services to help improve the lives of people from in and around Atlanta and Sandy Springs. Besides performing popular facial procedures such as facelift and rhinoplasty , Dr. Huynh specializes in performing facial contouring surgery and facial rejuvenation. If you are looking for self-improvement in the form of facial plastic surgery, Asian plastic surgery, Korean plastic surgery, Ethnic plastic surgery, maxillofacial surgery, or facial contouring surgery, then Dr. Huynh and his professional team will accommodate your needs. Please contact us today to schedule your initial consultation!